2 cans of young jackfruit, rinsed and squished with fingers (each piece) to find and remove hard parts
2 small onions, diced
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 red pepper, diced
200 g of white mushrooms, sliced
3 teaspoons of sweet paprika
½ teaspoon of hot paprika
500 ml of vegetable stock or water
2 bay leaves
2 whole allspice berries
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan. Add onion and cook until is lightly golden.
- Add carrots, pepper and cook for few minutes. Then add mushrooms and cook for another few minutes.
- Place jackfruit in the saucepan with the onions, carrots, pepper and mushrooms and stir together on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add few tablespoons of water from time to time to make sure that vegetables don’t burn.
- Pour vegetable stock (or water), season with all the spices and bring to a boil. Then turn down to low heat and cook for 1 hour.
- At the end of cooking add tomato paste and stir well.
- Serve with potato pancakes, pasta or traditional Polish Silesian noodles.
Don’t miss any new recipe and subscribe today!