First time we tried this soup when we were on holidays in Spain. However it took us some time to recreate the taste, but it was definitely worth it. It is absolutely our favourite soup that we have every week at our home!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 onion, diced
7 ripe, juicy tomatoes, peeled and chopped
½ cup of water
2 cups of water
salt, basil or parsley leaves (optional)
- Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan. Add onion and cook until is lightly golden.
- Add tomatoes to the saucepan and ½ cup of water, bring to a boil, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the soup into a blender or use a manual blender and blend it until smooth.
- Add the rest of water (2 cups), bring to a boil, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or fresh baguette. Sprinkle with basil or parsley leaves.
It’s easier to peel tomatoes when you place them in a bowl and pour boiling water on them.
Don’t miss any new recipe and subscribe today!