This recipe is inspired by “the best vegan burgers in the world” by Marta Dymek (famous vegan celebrity in Poland) and by Australian food style where ‘avos’ are almost in every meal. Enjoy this Polish-Australian cuisine fusion!
Ingredients for 10 burgers:
½ cup of sunflower seeds
½ cup of sesame seeds
4 large carrots, grated
1 ½ cup of cooked millet (3/4 cup of dry millet)
1 red onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ cup of ground oats
1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons of soy sauce (gluten free)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
1 tablespoon of onion flakes
1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Put sesame and sunflower seeds into a non-stick frying pan. Toast, stirring frequently until the seeds are lightly brown. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C / 392 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into patties and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve on slices of avocados or on hamburger buns with lettuce, sliced tomato, pickles, red onion and avocado dip (2 mashed avocados, 3-4 tbsp diced sauerkraut, 2 tbsp lemon juice – mix together).
Don’t miss any new recipe and subscribe today!